There are opportunities to serve through the week, on Saturday or Sunday.
- Clean-up at Church: Sunday – 1:15pm-2:30pm: At Triplett UMC (838 Mazeppa Rd., Mooresville, NC 28115), unload truck, pack leftovers, clean containers and utensils and put away food truck supplies. Wash prep and serving utensils. Insure that truck is supplied for next week.
- Greeter, Drinks, and Desserts: Sunday – 11:00am-1:00pm: Will greet and speak with people as they come to the food truck and throughout their visit. This will be their first impression of the truck, think “radical hospitality”. Let people know what is being served for lunch, show people where the drinks are and refill drinks, when needed. Also will make sure to replenish items that need replacing on tables. Help break down the tables, cleanup site.
- Food Truck Servers: Sunday – 11:00am-1:00pm: Arrive at Park View Elementary by 11:00. Review menu to be served with the Food Captain. Organize inside of the Food Truck to ensure organization and smooth food serving. Wear hairnets and gloves when serving food. Keep track of the number of meals being served. Insure that inside of truck is cleaned up after serving.
- Food Preparers & Truck Loading: Sunday – 9:30am-10:30am: Prep and heat food in the morning, load all food on truck. Insure that appropriate serving utensils are loaded on truck.
- Food Preparers: Saturday – 10:00am-2:00pm: At Triplett UMC(838 Mazeppa Rd., Mooresville, NC 28115), will assist with getting the food prepared and cooked ready to be warmed up on Sunday morning. May include mixing sides, slicing meat, and insure bread/desserts are packaged in individual servings. Mix ice tea and lemonade (found in supply closet) and place in refrigerator for serving on Sunday.
- Driver: Sunday – 10:00am-2:00pm: Is in charge of starting the truck, making sure generator works, everything is turned on and is in working order. Assist with loading tables, chairs, water and ice on the truck. Drive the Truck to Park View Elementary and park on level ground. Put out Pig-out signs. Assist with unloading tables and chairs when returning to Faith UMC.
- Captain: Will plan the elements of the meal. Will communicate with the Food Purchaser, for that week, the shopping list. Will prep the main entree on Saturday to ensure that the meal will be ready in time to serve on Sunday. Will make sure that all the jobs are filled, have everything needed on the truck to serve with and that things run smoothly! Will direct the Food Prep Volunteers. Fill our Weekly Statistics Form located in sleeve on door to Faith Kitchen and leave in sleeve.
- Food Purchaser: During Week- Will contact Food Captain to determine what he/she would like to serve. Purchase food and submit receipts at West Office for reimbursement from Food Truck account.